[pmwiki-users] CleanUrls/mod_rewrite in subwiki's

Dawa Ometto dawa.ometto at phil.uu.nl
Wed Feb 3 09:10:20 CST 2010

Hi all,

I'm trying to apply the cleanurl's recipe (mod_rewrite/.htaccess) on a
test pmwiki environment. The URL-rewriting in itself is working
allright, so I have e.g.:

http://mysite.com/Main/HomePage

...for the top-level installation, and:

http://mysite.com/wiki/test/Main/HomePage

...for a second (sub)wiki running on the farm. All this is nice, but
whenever I click a link or reload a page in the second wiki I have to
reauthenticate (authuser/ldap). This doesn't occur in the top-level
wiki. The .htaccess I have in /wiki/test/.htaccess looks like this:

RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /wiki/test/    # The 'test' subwiki is in
<documentroot>/wiki/test
# Send requests without parameters to index.php.
RewriteRule ^$          index.php  [L]
# Send requests for index.php to index.php.
RewriteRule ^index.php$ index.php  [L]
# Send requests to index.php, appending the query string part.
RewriteRule ^([A-Z0-9?-?].*)$ index.php?n=$1  [QSA,L]

It looks like the authentication cookie somehow isn't sticking because
of the rewriting. Has anyone ever encountered this problem? Any
suggestions for a solution or debugging?

Thanks in advance,

Dawa