[pmwiki-users] clean urls question

adam overton a at plus1plus1plus.org
Mon Jan 18 02:19:45 CST 2010

hi
i need some quick help.
i'm trying to convert a site from

http://myurl.com/wiki/My/Wiki

http://myurl.com/My/Wiki

i've set up my .htaccess in my root folder and everything works great
- except in a few cases.

in most cases, urls like
    http://myurl.com/My/Wiki
... resolve correctly

however, in a few cases, urls like this:
    http://myurl.com/Resources/Unix
result in:
    http://myurl.com/Resources/Unix/?n=Resources/Unix

however, if i type in the url as
    http://myurl.com/Resources/Unix/   (with a slash on the end)
... it then resolves correctly.

and if i respell the page names they don't seem to have the same
problem. for instance, this works:
    http://myurl.com/Resources/Unixx

right now there appear to be only a handful of pages that are
exhibiting this odd behavior.

very frustrating. any ideas of what might be going on and how i could
alleviate this? is it an .htaccess problem?

many thanks!

ps - my .htaccess is below:
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /

RewriteRule ^$           wiki/pmwiki.php  [L]
RewriteRule ^index\.php$ wiki/pmwiki.php  [L]

#RewriteRule ^(.*)$ wiki/pmwiki.php?n=$1  [QSA,L]  # same thing here...
RewriteRule ^([A-Z0-9\xa0-\xff].*)$ wiki/pmwiki.php?n=$1  [QSA,L]