[pmwiki-users] How to detect if a page has @nopass for the read password

Randy Brown alongkiss at aprivatespot.com
Mon Jul 12 13:07:08 CDT 2010

Thanks, Eemeli.

That works as you described for passwords set on the page. Unfortunately, some of my pages inherit the attributes. I've tried numerous variations of your code, but haven't figured out how to do the test for Group and Site-inherited attributes. Is that possible? If so, any hints?

Randy

P.S. This is a pretty important conditional if you want to put visibility-dependent things like RSS links or Facebook "Like" buttons (http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/FacebookLikeButton) on a page. I'm thinking if I display links and buttons on a page that won't service them due to password protection, it will just confuse users.