[pmwiki-users] Fresh install - can't save pages - text reverts and no save made

Peter Bowers pbowers at pobox.com
Wed Jul 14 13:37:49 CDT 2010

On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 6:40 PM, Daniel Rhodes <the_rhodus at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> BUT, when I make an edit to a page and click "Save", the new text that I have added dissappears and no change is saved. The change is not even preserved in the textarea. Clicking "Save" seems to remove any text that I add to the page.
>
> wiki.d folder is 777, and I've installed everything as per my successful install on my local.
>
> Well, any (relevant) comments are welcome I guess ;-)

I'm guessing the basic problem is simple but we don't know what it is
until we can see an error message.

Try putting this somewhere near the top of your config.php:

error_reporting(E_ALL);

Then you also should try to find your PHP logs and look through there
to see if any errors are being reported there.

Other possibilities that come to mind:
(1) Do you have other recipes/configurations installed already?  If
so, try commenting them out and see if the problem goes away.  Most of
the time when pmwiki has problems it comes from the customizations...
(2) Can you add to your memory that is available to PHP?
(3) Can you create new pages as opposed to editing existing pages?
This might indicate that your directory has good permissions but your
individual files still don't have permissions set properly.  (I'm
assuming you're running on a linux server, right?)
(4) Does it make any difference whether the page in question is long
or short?  Try saving a page that has just a word or two -- that would
perhaps indicate a memory problem or other PHP configuration as
opposed to pmwiki configuration...

If none of that helps, give us a link we can look at and maybe that will help...

-Peter

-Peter