[pmwiki-users] are anchors or nonexisting pages first class citiziens

Randy Brown alongkiss at aprivatespot.com
Thu Jul 15 18:40:19 CDT 2010

What's best depends on a lot of details about your situation that I don't know. From what you've told us, I'd go with giving each keyword its own page (option #1), because pagelist doesn't know about non-existing pages.

If your users find empty pages confusing, you could put the keywords in their own group and do something like this:

1. In the group header:

(:if !equal "{*$:Description}" "":)
{*$:Description}
(:else:)
This keyword has no description
(:ifend:)

2. On the page:

You also might be able to use Definition Lists, briefly described at http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/TextFormattingRules, or possibly use the TextExtract recipe (see http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/TextExtract).

Randy