[pmwiki-users] Galleria problem

DaveG pmwiki at solidgone.com
Sun Jun 13 10:44:19 CDT 2010

On 6/8/2010 10:24 AM, pmwiki at 911networks.com wrote:
> On Tue, 08 Jun 2010 08:39:17 -0400
> DaveG<pmwiki at solidgone.com>  wrote:
>
>>> 2. Is there a way of displaying text next to the image
>>> as an explanation? Meaning that the text will change with each
>>> image?
>>> * Attach:photo1.jpg|'''Display text for photo1'''
>>> * Attach:photo2.jpg|'''Display text for photo2'''
>>> doesn't work.
>>
>> That is not yet implemented. I had plans to do it, but never made
>> time to actually work on it.
>>

> I have found that I can display some text by using the alternate:
> * Attach:photo1.jpg"Alternate text for photo1 will display"|'''This text will not display'''
>
> I don't know either php or javascript. But I took a look at
> galleria.php . Where do you process the image list?
>
> Can you point me in the direction and see if I can do something?
The image list is processed from jquery.galleria.js (note though that by
default jquery.galleria.pack.js is used, so if you plan to make changes,
point HTMLHeaderFmt to the non-packed version). The to
jquery.galleria.js is made galleria.php.

Basically you'll primarily be changing jquery.galleria.js. Documentation
for the is here:
http://monc.se/kitchen/146/galleria-a-javascript-image-gallery

Also note that there seems to be some activity for a new release of
galleria.js, which appears to have support for a description. At some
point I'll take a look at upgrading Galleria to the new release of
galleris.js.

  ~ ~ Dave