[pmwiki-users] Fox permissions

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Fri Mar 19 07:29:05 CDT 2010

Friday, March 19, 2010, 10:42:00 AM, Audun Myhra Bergwitz wrote:

> I have the following in config.php

> $FoxAuth = 'edit';
> $EnablePostDirectives = true;
> $EnableFoxUrlInput = true;
> include_once("$FarmD/cookbook/fox/fox.php");
> include_once("$FarmD/cookbook/fox/foxedit.php");

> In order to edit pages on our site you need to enter a password, and in
> addition there's an admin password.

> As far as I can see my config should allow anyone who has entered a
> password to create a new page with a form, but you need to enter the
> admin password to be allowed to do so.

> What am I doing wrong?

you also need to set page permissioins, as entries in an array
$FoxPagePermissions.
For instance to allow any Fox actions on any pages;
$FoxPagePermissions['*.*'] = 'all';
Notice the wildcard pagename.
Or a far more restrictive example:
to allow adding content and changes to PTVs to pages in the
'Main' group:
$FoxPagePermissions['Main.*'] = 'add,ptv';

There is no default group of pages Fox is allowed to post to,
by default Fox can only post to the current page.
So it is important that $FoxPagePermissions is set, i.e. it is
required from the admin to set page permissions explicitely.
This is a security layer in addition to $FoxAuth, which is a very
general setting.

> (The permissions part of the Fox cookbook could use a cleanup. It
> doesn't make much sense for me at least).

Yes, it could do with better explanations. Feel free to change it!

  ~Hans