[pmwiki-users] Listing category links

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Fri May 7 05:12:45 CDT 2010

Friday, May 7, 2010, 9:32:44 AM, Wordit Ltd wrote:

> I'm trying out various tagging recipes. Say the post has three
> categories, cat1, cat2, cat3. I need to list the pages within those
> categories. Preferably separately for each category and limited to x
> page links, e.g.:

> pages within cat1:
> (list of max x page links within cat1)

you could try

(:pagelist links=Category.Cat1 fmt=#title count=10:)

and use such markup for each category page) you like to list links to.

The category needs to exist in the Category group as an actual page,
so make sure it is created. you could use this in config to autocreate
a category page in group 'Category'.

$AutoCreate['/^Category\./'] = array('ctime' =>  $Now, 'text' => $page['text']);

If you use multiple categiory groups (using Tagger for instance),
add modified $AutoCreate[] items for each category group.

see also
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/Categories
and
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/PageLists