[pmwiki-users] What attachment operations do you want or need?

Eemeli Aro eemeli at gmail.com
Fri May 7 15:21:55 CDT 2010

On 7 May 2010 17:36, SteP <step.list+pmwiki at gmail.com> wrote:
> Eemeli Aro wrote:
>> This won't handle PNGs mislabeled as GIFs or other such mistakes, but
>> for images at least in my experience browsers are actually pretty good
>> at ignoring incorrect information and just showing the picture.
>
> Ffox is good. IE not always. However, auto fixing mislabeled image files
> is beyond the scope, I think.

Actually, not really. I've already got relatively robust code for
getting the mimetype of a file from the magic numbers, and if it
doesn't match the extension it wouldn't be that difficult to say
"upload successful, but your extension 'xxx' doesn't match the file's
mimetype 'mime/type'; do you want to fix this to 'yyy'?"

Just a thought, that. And it doesn't have to be limited to image
files, getting a list of valid types for PDFs and DOCs shouldn't be
too difficult either. But again, not sure about how useful this would
actually be.

eemeli