[pmwiki-users] A robust user registration module

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Fri May 21 03:14:15 CDT 2010

Thursday, May 20, 2010, 11:38:41 PM, Sameer Kumar wrote:

> This reminds me of a longish conversation more than a year ago...
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.wiki.pmwiki.user/53021/

> I still believe that user authentication via email should be inbuilt into Pmwiki.

thanks! Yes, it was discussed, and I am sorry I brought this up again!
I agree with what you said then.

Self-registration is the next best thing following a completely open
wiki and an edit-locked wiki with an open readable password.

Nothing has moved on this, which is a pity considering the power and
flexibility of PmWiki. I am convinced the lack of a registration
module is a serious turn-away for many site developers.

  ~Hans