[pmwiki-users] pmwiki & wordpress

Benoit St-Pierre benbonben at gmail.com
Sat May 22 11:20:41 CDT 2010

Hello,

All in all, I agree with Dave's answer.

There are many studies comparing blogs to wikis.  Without delving into
details, I think the first question one should ask is this one:

- Do I want to organize my content by time or by a conceptual framework?

Blogs are mainly organized by the linear time order.  Wikis are mainly
organized by concepts.  Answering that question should help you decide
what to look for first.

That does not mean that you can't do conceptual blogs or time-framed
wikis.  You can do anything, actually.  But some work is just a bit
more complicated than others.

Another good question is :

- How much time do you want to invest?

I hope everybody should agree that Pmwiki needs more time, at least at
first.  If you want only to be a poweruser and if you don't mind
organizing your stuff by date, go with Wordpress.  But if you prefer
to organize stuff by concepts, go to the adventure with a more
lightweighted tool (i.e. flat files), give PmWiki a try, you won't
regret it.

Hope this helps,

Ben