[pmwiki-users] Default Home Page Running a Farm

Ivan Mann ivanmann at uab.edu
Tue May 25 10:38:22 CDT 2010

I have inherited a pmwiki system to support, which was set up originally as
a farm.  I do not know why because there is only one system running, and the
reasons seem to have disappeared in the three years since somebody else set
it up.

I would like to have a page in the farm be the homepage when somebody
outside references just the URL without having to add the additional
information about the farm directory, php, etc.  If I follow the directions
in the installation instructions for setting up pmwiki under How do I make
pmwiki.php the default page for a website? I get the default index.php that
gives a 403 error.  If I change the file there to change to the farm
directory I get a blank screen.  I can't find anything in the installation
directions for doing this with a farm.

I could remove the farm but I am reluctant to do that since I don't know as
much about managing pmwiki as I could.  I would prefer to leave the
installation as is and fix the index.php file to start the right home page.

Any ideas?

--
Ivan Mann

Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.
                                 Benjamin Franklin