[pmwiki-users] Change color of : a.createlinktext (css)

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Thu Sep 2 00:51:53 CDT 2010

On Tuesday 31 August 2010 05:49:13, ABClf wrote :
> How do you do if you want to change the color of a.createlinktext which is
> loaded by pmwiki core (I guess), after the separate css file ?

The core doesn't set a color for a.createlinktext, so if your skin CSS file
has a color definition, it will not be overridden.

For other CSS properties, later definitions of the same property override
previously defined ones. There are three ways to deal with this. One is to use
the "!important" keyword for the property that shouldn't be overriden, eg :

  a.createlinktext { text-decoration: underline !important; }

then, the core definition "text-decoration: none" will not have effect.

The second way, and certainly the better one, is to define your changes after
the core CSS, that is, place them in the files:
  pub/css/local.css
  pub/css/Group.css
  pub/css/Group.Page.css

These files are loaded after the skin CSS and the core CSS so any styles
defined in them override previous definitions (except those with !important).

> I was in trouble to find a solution, so I changed in config my recent
> to $LinkPageCreateFmt = "<a class='createlinktext2'
> href='\$PageUrl'>\$LinkText</a>";
> and I created a new class createlinktext2 in my css that suits my needs.

This third way is also a good solution - you can define and use styles
different from the default ones.

Thanks,
Petko