[pmwiki-users] WebFeeds does not seem to work properly

Daniel Roesler diafygi at gmail.com
Sun Sep 26 13:03:11 CDT 2010

Because the feeds.php is built off of WikiTrails, you need a valid
trail for it to use. To get this you need a list of internal links
with no styling. Here's an example of what will and won't be
recognized as a trail:
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/WikiTrails

For http://www.kirpi.it/Germania/BerlinoAppartamenti, external links
will be ignored. WikiTrails are internal links only.

For http://www.kirpi.it/Germania/Germania, some items are bold, so
they will be ignored. WikiTrails ignores items with styling.

For http://www.kirpi.it/Cultura/Canti-di-Castelvecchio-Poesia-Giovanni-Pascoli,
it looks like the links include anchors to sections of the page. Did
you use the full address?
[[http://www.kirpi.it/Cultura/Canti-di-Castelvecchio-Poesia-Giovanni-Pascoli#Lapoesia|La
poesia]]

or the internal address?
[[Cultura/Canti-di-Castelvecchio-Poesia-Giovanni-Pascoli#Lapoesia|La poesia]]

If you used the full address. Feeds will think it's an external link
and ignore it.
If you used the internal address. Feeds should create a list but it
will remove the anchor (e.g. #Lapoesia). I'm not sure why. I'd would
personally prefer it kept the anchor.

Avast!
Daniel
diafygi at gmail.com