[pmwiki-users] Making homepage links inoperative until newcomers register first

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Sat Apr 2 02:14:01 CDT 2011

Saturday, April 2, 2011, 12:05:55 AM, Al Louis Ripskis wrote:

> This doesn’t work:
> # require valid login before viewing pages
>     $DefaultPasswords['read'] = 'id:*';
> Because this code  requires a login before the newcomers can even get to the homepage.
> I would like the newcomers to be able to read the homepage, see the
> links, which hopefully would intrigued and motivate them to
> register, giving their real names and emails.

$DefaultPasswords['read'] = 'id:*';

and set a read password on the Homepage as '@nopass'
(without quotes).

That leaves the home page open for public access,
and requires login for all other pages.

It may make the side bar disappear till you are logged in.
So your registration info needs to go into the home page content.

  ~Hans