[pmwiki-users] Redundant logins

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Sun Feb 6 03:13:27 CST 2011

On Sunday 06 February 2011 05:09:58, Kenneth Forsbäck wrote :
> My last working version was 2.2.19,

I tried your configuration - it works fine for me - I can edit, and I only
need to log in once. The changes between 2.2.19 and 2.2.23 are unlikely to be
related to your login problem.

If your "t" skin has *.php files, there might be something that I didn't test,
but if you only have *.tmpl and *.css files, the skin is fine.

Can you change your admin password to something different, 5 or more
characters, then try again?

> I had newer versions (vanilla) on my offline server but never uploaded them.

Does the version 2.2.23 work on your offline server?

> I think I can safely rule out browser and server problems, as nothing
> has changed. I also tried it with Opera but had the same problem.

Sometimes hosting providers upgrade the PHP software without informing their
clients. A new PHP version is different and may cause a script to break - if
it is the case, we need to infestigate it and fix it. But in this case, I
suspect version 2.2.19 wouldn't work either.

> I am using two addons: "titledictindex" and one of my own (not pretty,
> but it works; attached file [codecogs.php]). I've also attached my
> config.php.

Those look fine, I see nothing that could break authentications.

> Even when I use a vanilla config (from docs/) and use DefaultPasswords
> it still asks me again and again. Quite puzzling.

If nothing helps, you can always revert to 2.2.19. Older PmWiki versions can
be found here:

  http://www.pmwiki.org/pub/pmwiki/

But if 2.2.19 does work, I'd really like to know why. :-)

Petko