[pmwiki-users] rss doesn't work for a group where $MakePageNamePatterns is altered

ABClf languefrancaise at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 18:44:55 CST 2011

Thank you Daniel for pointing some more trouble I didn't have seen :)

> When I go to your rss feed for the Site/RecentChanges page, it does
> not list any items. Is this the expected behavior?
> http://www.languefrancaise.net/Site/RecentChanges?action=rss
>
> When I go to your rss feed for the Site/AllRecentChanges page, it does
> list the top 10 items. Is this the expected behavior?
> http://www.languefrancaise.net/Site/AllRecentChanges?action=rss

I'm not sure, but I guess default count for rss is 10 (not said in
PmWiki/WebFeeds ; question asked) ; if so, then second case should be
the expected behavior.
I don't know for what reason
http://www.languefrancaise.net/Site/RecentChanges?action=rss doesn't
give anything. It shouldn't. Nothing special in my config ; but, when
using a very basic test config, I get what I should. I need to
investigate next week.

By the way, does someone have an idea why I have that problem with my
Info.php (for my group Info) :
if I put the default declaration in Info.php, the
Info/RecentChanges?action=rss works as expected ;

$MakePageNamePatterns = array(
    "/'/" => '',                           # strip single-quotes
    "/[^$PageNameChars]+/" => ' ',         # convert non-alnums to spaces
    "/((^|[^-\\w])\\w)/e"
      => "strtoupper('$1')",               # initial caps after spaces
    "/ /" => ''                            # strip spaces
);

but when I put a personal declaration (inspired from doc) it doesn't.

$MakePageNamePatterns = array(
    "/'/" => '',                           # strip single-quotes
    "/[^$PageNameChars]+/" => ' ',         # convert non-alnums to spaces
    "/(^\\w)/e" => "strtoupper('$1')",     # initial caps
    "/ /" => '-'                            # strip spaces
);

How can this declaration about the way names are formatted have an
effect on rss process ?

Thank you,
Gilles.