[pmwiki-users] hip hop and pmwiki

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Wed Jul 20 16:27:01 CDT 2011

On Wednesday 20 July 2011 23:13:34, Carlos AB wrote :
> Just a curiosity, Is it possible to compile PmWiki with HipHop from
> facebook[1]?
> [1] https://github.com/facebook/hiphop-php/wiki/

First look and I can tell that PmWiki relies heavily on the function eval(),
which is unavailable in hiphop.

> In facebook case they were able to serve 70% more using the same
> machines and plus, it would be a lot of fun to see pagelist running
> faster. :-)

For this to work you probably need a VPS or dedicated hosting -- most shared
hosting providers won't let you compile C++ programs and/or run binary
programs. (Again, PmWiki will probably not compile because of eval().)

Petko