[pmwiki-users] Upgrade problem from 2.2.15 to current Problem Found, not yet solved

Vince Administration vadmin at math.uconn.edu
Sat Jun 25 10:26:16 CDT 2011

On Jun 24, 2011, at 7:01 PM, Petko Yotov wrote:

> On Friday 24 June 2011 18:57:26, Vince Administration wrote :
>> The pages seem  to display fine, but on a few pages (only a few pages) near
>> the bottom of the correctly displayed page is overlayed the message
>>
>> PmWiki can't process your request. Permission denied in ...
>> PmWiki needs to have a  writable wiki.d
>> Do this  mkdir //wiki.d
>> The config.php is the same as for the old 2.2.15 installation.
>
> I don't see any change in PmWiki from 2.2.15 to 2.2.27 that could cause such
> errors. Is PmWiki the only thing that upgraded? Did you add or upgrade some
> recipe/skin...? Is your PHP/server/Operating system the same as with 2.2.15?
>
> The slashes in "//wiki.d" seem to indicate that the server probably doesn't
> have "search" (also known as "scan" or "exec") permissions for the parent
> directories or for the wiki.d directory. In the latter case, a search or a
> pagelist in the wiki would return nothing.

As I wrote before, the pages are working correctly.  So I created a directory /wiki.d in the root of the file system, the messages disappeared, and in this directory I found two files.
.notifylist
and
.pageindex

So these are the files that are causing the problem.   They used to be placed in wiki.d  in the pmwiki tree, but something is messing the pointer up.
I don't know if pmwiki will read them from this location, and I cannot leave them there, but at least I know part of the problem.

Now where is the pointer being mucked up?

Thanks for your help.
    Vince