[pmwiki-users] The Challenge: Is there a simple, dependable PHP login script?

Al Louis Ripskis ripskis at sprynet.com
Thu Mar 17 08:09:54 CDT 2011

Guys,
Not being a programmer, and having extremely limited PHP skills, I need a simple login at the bottom of my newly constructed PmWiki home page saying:
“If you would like read and upload access to the rest of the wiki, please login here.”
Peter Bowers suggested:
“This is an area I've played around with a bit in pmwiki, but
it's still a weak area. You can use the AuthUserSignup recipe.  It works but it's kind ofcomplicated to set up. Or there's a new, experimental recipe named UserAdmin. Eventually it will surpass AuthUserSignup, but currently it's still underdevelopment. I'm afraid getting this working is going to take some work.  I suppose I would recommend AuthUserSignup...”
I tried both, All too complicated and “above my pay grade.” Same for OpenID, which also has some fatal flaws.
I found this relatively simple PHP Script at http://php-login-script.com/ .
MY questions: Would this script be advisable to use and could it be safely integrated with PmWiki? Or is there a better, simpler, more elegant solution?
Thanks a million,
Al