[pmwiki-users] UserAdmin templates

Peter Bowers pbowers at pobox.com
Sat Mar 26 18:14:06 CDT 2011

On Sun, Mar 27, 2011 at 12:03 AM, Hans <design5 at softflow.co.uk> wrote:

> Is it possible to store additional user info, like real name, phone
> number etc, via user registration? I know how to add fields to the
> templates (Site.UserAdminTemplates), but how can the values be added
> to a user's info in SiteAdmin.AuthUser, or a users Profiles page
> (attributes)? Is this already implemented?

Yes, it is implemented.  However, the "under development" comment
speaks the truth.

In AuthUser it is implemented using an extended syntax:

user: HASH @group @group2 : useremail="abc at example.com" userrealname="Sam Smith"

So basically everything before an optional 2nd colon is identical to
current operation.  Anything after the 2nd colon is in ParseArgs()
format, fields must begin with the prefix "user", and additional
fields can be added.

In profiles, the additional fields must still begin with the prefix
and they are stored as attributes, as you surmised.

-Peter