[pmwiki-users] WYSIWYG Reality Check: It Ain’t Working

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Sat May 21 14:03:29 CDT 2011

On Saturday 21 May 2011 20:20:02 Al Louis Ripskis wrote:
> downpayment for Petko to work out the WYSWYG capability, with Petko
> retaining a license to it. Those who have already pledged and paid would
> have the right to use it.

That would be illegal, as we don't have the right to use code from GNU GPL
software (PmWiki), distribute modified versions and not releasing their source
code under the same license. For MIT-type licenses (most JavaScript editors)
it would not be illegal, only unethical.

Note that a WYSIWYG editor may eventually be written anyways and you won't
have to pay.

Petko