[pmwiki-users] Group name based $XLLangs (multilanguage Wiki)?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sun May 22 13:07:32 CDT 2011

On Sun, May 22, 2011 at 03:22:19PM +0200, Peter Bowers wrote:
> On Sun, May 22, 2011 at 12:26 PM, Oliver Betz <list_ob at gmx.net> wrote:
> I would love to see either (1) a change to core to provide access to
> $pagename (validated), $name, and $group throughout config.php and
> farmconfig.php.

Can't do this, because resolving the pagename depends on the values of
other variables ($DefaultPage, $DefaultGroup, $DefaultName,
$GroupPattern, etc.) that might be set in config.php or farmconfig.php.

> Or (2), at least an "officially sanctioned" way to
> access these values via PHP early on in farmconfig and/or
> config.php...

The officially sanctioned way is to use

    $pagename = ResolvePageName($pagename);

It's okay if the $pagename argument is blank or partial when the
function is called -- resolving a blank or partial name is exactly
what ResolvePageName does.  :-)