[pmwiki-users] Large ammount of articles... about 50k

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon May 23 17:40:42 CDT 2011

On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 08:07:29PM +0000, Jaime Sempere wrote:
> Hi Patrick,
>
> thanks a lot for your personal help. What do you think about
> the other suggested solution proposed, using SQLite recipe?
> What approach would you use?

I've never used the SQLite recipe, so I can't really comment
on it.  Personally, I'd use the file-based approach until it
starts to look like it might not work out (for me it's easier
to manipulate files than database records, which is why PmWiki
is based on the filesystem:-).  When it looks like the file-based
approach is starting to bog down, then I'd see about using
SQLite or some other database-backed approach.  (But as I mentioned,
on one of my systems we had over 250K pages and never really hit
a point of PmWiki not being able to handle it.)