[pmwiki-users] Syncing / migrating a wiki configuration

Oguz Altun oguz at ce.yildiz.edu.tr
Fri May 27 07:44:49 CDT 2011

27/05/2011 15:03, Patrick R. Michaud yazmış:
> On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 10:44:37AM +0300, Oguz Altun wrote:
>> The two sites are running on linux machines, and my only access is
>> through ftp. So, no rsync or unison to me. Furthermore, my desktop
>> machine is a windows. So when I transfer to my desktop, e.g. by
>> wget, permissions are lost. Big down for me.
>
> As long as the directories (i.e., wiki.d/) have the correct
> permissions, the permissions of the individual files aren't
> generally important.  PmWiki will fix them as it encounters
> them.

Not all files in the site are in wiki.d, though. E.g. I have a txtdb
file somewhere, and its permissions needs to be manually set.

As the site becomes more complex, remembering these things would become
harder.

Now I think some script based on the tar archive format that preserves
permissions may be the best idea, e.g. some script that uses one of these:

http://pear.php.net/Archive_Tar

http://www.phpclasses.org/package/529-PHP-A-PHP-Implementation-of-the-TAR-Format-manager-.html