[pmwiki-users] PmWiki 2.2.35 released: Security update

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Sun Nov 13 09:33:08 CST 2011

On Sunday 13 November 2011 15:51:37, Oliver Betz wrote :
> Petko Yotov wrote:
> >Hello. PmWiki version 2.2.35 was published today, and is available at :
> updating from 2.2.34, version 2.2.35 asked me for relocation of
> Site.AuthUser to SiteAdmin.AuthUser. Looking briefly at the sources, I
> have no clue why this happens. 2.2.34 worked with Site.AuthUser.

You probably upgraded some files in wikilib.d from an earlier version (those
from 2.2.34 were the same).

This happens because in the past we updated the documentation in the page
SiteAdmin.AuthUser and I included it in newer releases without knowing that
the upgrade.php script required fixed timestamps of the Site(Admin).AuthUser
files in order to perform the upgrade.

I fixed those timestamps for 2.2.34. This should concern wikis still using
Site.AuthUser which upgrade from 2.1.X to the latest version, or which
migrated from 2.1.X directly to 2.2.1+ without installing 2.2.beta or 2.2.0
versions.

It is recommended to accept the upgrade and let PmWiki move your Site.AuthUser
page to SiteAdmin. The SiteAdmin group is now by default read and write
locked, only an administrator can see those pages which may contain sensitive
information.

Petko