[pmwiki-users] URL split and merge

Tamara Temple tamouse.lists at tamaratemple.com
Tue Nov 29 12:16:02 CST 2011

123_dirk <123_dirk at web.de> wrote:
> >> I can't find the right place to place my program to do the name merge stuff.
> >> Maybe you can tell me the place and the variable.
> >> The  code to do this is not difficult and i will find a solution.
> > I was just thinking, with cleanURLs, you should be able to have a path
> > like http://example.com/group/main/list/child, which if your wiki was
> > actually at the root of http://example.com, your pathinfo would then be
> > /group/main/list/child, which you can get out of the $_SERVER array. If
> > your main entry point into the wiki is index.php, that could very easily
> > assemble the pathinfo back into Group.MainList,Child and you can hand
> > this to pmwiki in a redirect.
> >

> Can you give me an example how to do this?
>
> At the moment i make a inlude of pmwiki.php in the index.php.
> I have no idea how i can do such a redirect.
>
> Sorry my PHP and Web skills are not the best.

Wow, you can figure out how to rewrite a core pmwiki function, but not
do a redirect?

Instead of:

include("pmwiki.php");

in your index.php file, you need to have the following:

header("Location: pmwiki.php?n=".$realpagename);

just after you calculate the $realpagename from $_SERVER['PATH_INFO']
according to your scheme.