[pmwiki-users] New Table of Contents recipe: AutoTOC

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Wed Oct 19 16:23:09 CDT 2011

On Wednesday 19 October 2011 17:41:09, Oliver Betz wrote :
> Petko Yotov wrote:
> >Hello. This is a new cookbook recipe for a simple table of contents.
> >
> >  http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/AutoTOC
>
> It seems it doesn't work if simple tables are in the document. If I
> add a line "||a||b||", there is no TOC generarted.

Thanks for noticing and reporting this bug. I released a new version which I
hope should fix it (a full refresh in the browser may be needed to bypass an
older cached version).

> Is the TOC placed intentionally directly above the first heading in
> the document?

Yes, I like very much the tables of content in Wikipedia: very simple and with
extremely small need of maintenance. The paragraph(s) before the first heading
are considered an introduction or a summary of the article; the TOC is the
plan of the article and after it, the main sections of the article. Articles
with less than 3 sections (headings) don't have a TOC automatically.

Petko