[pmwiki-users] XLPage translations don't work correctly with UTF-8

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Thu Oct 20 06:24:54 CDT 2011

On Thursday 20 October 2011 13:06:26, Oliver Betz wrote :
> Can it be that I also had to delete .pageindex for correct search
> results?

Well, we don't have a recipe detailing the UTF-8 migration yet, but indeed,
you need to delete .pageindex after the migration (PmWiki will re-generate it
automatically). Otherwise .pageindex doesn't interfere with the localized
translations of the interface.

> >I should think about how to handle this problem and better document it.
>
> please consider also to make a note about the correct order in
> sample-config.php.

Right, first is the include_once() line, then XLPage().

> BTW, sample-config.php doesn't use $FarmD - I don't know under which
> circumstances this makes a difference.

The strings with $FarmD should work in any case, a single wiki or a complex
wikifarm. Without $FarmD, the line will work only on a single wiki. But
because the file sample-config.php is used by beginners WikiAdmins who start
by installing a single wiki, it may be better to leave it as simple as
possible.

Petko