[pmwiki-users] it's time to change pmwiki default skin!

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Fri Sep 16 01:08:24 CDT 2011

> I'm sorry, it's not dotted, it's a dashed underline/border-bottom .
>
> On 9/15/11, Carlos AB <cabsec.pmwiki at gmail.com> wrote:
>> [...]
>>
>> Does the PmWiki community wants to follow creole rules by the dot, or
>> perhaps, by the underline? :-)

And of course PmWiki already uses a dotted (not dashed) border bottom for
links to new pages, but not in blue. So you are correct, there would be
potential for confusion if pmwiki used dotted border bottom for regular
links. My view is that provided there is strong contrast among the text,
link, and visited colours, a bottom rule is not required.

However, those advocating a bottom rule also make a good case. So perhaps
pmwiki might consider a bottom rule that is a solid but lighter colour --
a visible cue, but not a distraction. On mouseover, the lighter colour
could/should switch to the same strong contrast colour as the link text.

In the final analysis, I think what's important is that the default
template and css convey a first impression that the community has thought
about the design, kept it simple, and taken care to get the details right.
For me, that would be a fair summary of what pmwiki offers its users.

JR
--
John Rankin