[pmwiki-users] It's time to change pmwiki default skin!

Oliver Betz list_ob at gmx.net
Wed Sep 21 11:15:11 CDT 2011

Paul Giacherio wrote:

>The .vspace function can be eliminated if we include a proper css reset.
>This includes a simple reset with and no .vspace. It needs fine tuning but
>it handles most elements pretty well.
>
>http://paulgiacherio.kodingen.com/pmwiki/pmwiki-2.2.30/pmwiki.php?n=PmWiki.DocumentationIndex

see the "vspace revisited" discussion in this list started 2011-07-22.

I copied the testcase *) to your sandbox. At least the space between
list "heading" and first list item is large. PmWiki makes this as
small as between list items.

I still wonder what the problems of a pure CSS solution are Patrick
mentioned in previous posts. Then we could expand the test case and
look for solutions.

Anyway, having more paragraphs _with_ vspace than without is not
beautiful in my opinion. Wouldn't it be more elegant to use a class
"lessvspace" for the small number of paragraphs where the vertical
space is not wanted?

Patrick

*) http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/Vspace