[pmwiki-users] It's time to change pmwiki default skin!

Paul Giacherio paulgiacherio at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 11:52:45 CDT 2011

It does need tweaking, but that sandbox page looks like a pretty good
starting point to me.

Regarding the 'List Heading' and the following list- I might take issue with
the desired outcome. The desire to couple a heading to a list could
(should?) be handled with a unique style when needed.  If that's the logical
structure I'd argue that a DL might be better markup too. Which, last time I
checked, DL markup was implemented incorrectly in PmWiki.

I don't know what the prior issues regarding a pure css approach are, but I
have a hard time believing that they are insurmountable.

On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 12:15 PM, Oliver Betz <list_ob at gmx.net> wrote:

> Paul Giacherio wrote:
>
> >The .vspace function can be eliminated if we include a proper css reset.
> >This includes a simple reset with and no .vspace. It needs fine tuning but
> >it handles most elements pretty well.
> >

> http://paulgiacherio.kodingen.com/pmwiki/pmwiki-2.2.30/pmwiki.php?n=PmWiki.DocumentationIndex
>
> see the "vspace revisited" discussion in this list started 2011-07-22.
>
> I copied the testcase *) to your sandbox. At least the space between
> list "heading" and first list item is large. PmWiki makes this as
> small as between list items.
>
> I still wonder what the problems of a pure CSS solution are Patrick
> mentioned in previous posts. Then we could expand the test case and
> look for solutions.
>
> Anyway, having more paragraphs _with_ vspace than without is not
> beautiful in my opinion. Wouldn't it be more elegant to use a class
> "lessvspace" for the small number of paragraphs where the vertical
> space is not wanted?
>
> Patrick
>
> *) http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/Vspace

Paul Giacherio