[pmwiki-users] Would the sqlite recipe gain anything in storing pages in separate tables based on group?

Alex Eftimiades alexeftimiades at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 17:06:44 CDT 2012

Yes it is publicly accessible. The wiki is at icare.org/wiki and the
site is at icare.org. You will will get a better feel for the wiki
site if you login with:

username: demo
password: demo

Then you will be able to see the researchers and the maps will work.
This is because they are generated by pagelists which in turn read
addresses as page text variables which are only accessible if you have
read permissions.

	If you were curious, the site is for a cancer organization called
icare. I am trying to help them get started with a website and a
functional and scalable way of storing their information. They want to
set up and manage a network of doctors and researchers around patients
with various forms of cancer.

	Sqlite is very efficient in my case. It sped up the rendering of the
pagelists and maps tremendously. This is because of what is mentioned
earlier about the page text variable searching. It would probably be
worth the effort (for me at least) to modify the sqlite recipe to
store page text variables in the way it stores page variables. That
would speed things up even more for me, but for now, this works fine.

	I will also be storing usernames and passwords as page text variables
thanks to a new recipe would like to publish within over the next day
or two.

Thanks for all your help,
Alex

On Aug 10, 2012, at 4:40 PM, ABClf wrote:

> I'm curious ;)
> Alex, is your pmwiki install public on internet ; can we see ?
> Is sqlite efficient in your case ?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Gilles.

>> Yes, I was wondering about that. Thanks for clarifying.
>>
>> On Aug 7, 2012 5:30 AM, "Alex Eftimiades"
>> <alexeftimiades at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> As I mentioned in previous questions, my wiki does a pagelist (or
>>> two)
>>> every time a page loads. It usually does a search for back links
>>> and/or
>>> pagetextvariables. My goal was to make the system more scalable at