[pmwiki-users] Transferring pmWiki installations

Atul Vaidya atulmv at hotmail.co.uk
Sun Dec 16 22:00:25 CST 2012

Hello All,
I am a newbie when it comes to pmWiki.  I have installed it on my local WAMP server and am very very impressed.  I plan to use pmWiki as a documentation source for a software service. Would it be possible to create the entire documentation content on my computer (Windows 7 32 bit) and then transfer the entire installation to my server (CentOS 64 bit) or am I liable to run into too many issues.  If my understanding is right pmWiki is file based so there are no database issues involved.  I assume I would have to lift the entire installation and then reinstall it on my server.  I am setting up a subdomain for the documentation so I would also need to change some folder path settings.  Is this doable or am I shooting for the impossible. I would much appreciate any help and tips.