[pmwiki-users] Transferring pmWiki installations

Mon Dec 17 23:58:03 CST 2012

On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 4:20 AM, Petko Yotov <5ko at 5ko.fr> wrote:
> Atul Vaidya writes:
>>
>> Would it be possible to create the entire documentation content on my
>> computer (Windows 7 32 bit) and then transfer the entire installation to my
>> server (CentOS 64 bit) or am I liable to run into too many issues.

Going to throw my 2 cents in and say, yeah, it works really great. I
keep my wiki structure in a git repo, and it's really easy to deploy
it from development to stage to production.

As Petko pointed out, the only problem I've run into is with the
passwords saved in SiteAdmin.AuthUser, so I don't keep that in my
repo. I've also carved out the authorization settings from config.php
and put them in a separate included file that is also not saved in the
repo.

The other things I don't keep in the repo are the wiki pages and
uploaded files, as this would be rather problematic in maintaining the
live wiki data. Where this does seem to fall down, unfortunately, is
in pages that I use for changing the layout and formatting of the
site, based on my skin.

One question I have, do you want to edit the contents on the live
site? If not, you might consider running through the local wiki to
build a static site and upload that instead. Just something to
consider.