[pmwiki-users] Difficulty implementing fox forms

Mike Turco turco.mike at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 16:02:40 CST 2012

Hi Hans,

Thank you very much! I really appreciate your help.

Here's what I'm trying to do: I'm an independent sales person of
sorts. I have a need for a really simple, flat database to enter
potential sales and track the sales process. Your contacts example +
the markthingsdone addons are my learning tools. The billing stuff and
the contact manager that are on the test site right now are things
that I'll use, but a simple sales tracking system is what I need right
now.

I took another/closer look at your contact application. There is, of
course, the need to install fox forms, fox edit and fox delete. The
contact application itself, though, is comprised of four files (as per
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/FoxContacts ).

Here is what I *think* I need to do if I am going to create a new
group called SalesOpportunities along with custom forms.

Contacts.php: provides permissions and also the "delete if empty"
code. I need to add a line in the middle for the new group.

Contacts.Contacts will be a new page such as
SalesOpportunities.SalesOpportunities, and I need to modify the
pagelist command.

Contacts.NewContact is the form for data entry (and editing?) So that
form needs to be modified by adding new fields and so forth. It also
needs to be moved to SalesOpportunities.NewOpportunity.

Contacts.ContactTemplates will become
SalesOpportunities.SalesTemplates and will need to be modified to
match the above two forms.

As far as the edit links are concerned, I'll need to go back through
"recent changes" and see what you've done to modify (I think) the
template file in Contacts.NewContacts. The edit feature is something I
do want to have in the "database", but its not the first priority.

Am I on the right track?

Thanks,

Mike

--