[pmwiki-users] Pagelist or Page Variable fail? bug or feature?

Crisses crisses at kinhost.org
Mon Feb 6 10:12:55 CST 2012

Hi,

Got a potential bug?

I had set:
$SearchPatterns['default'][] = '!\\.Group(Header|Footer)$!';

Because I didn't want GroupHeader or GroupFooters displayed in search results.

Then I put a template into GroupHeader, so it would be displayed on every page.  Normal text and PTVs work fine in the GroupHeader, but this failed:
(:pagelist name={*$FullName} fmt=#person:)

To be sure, I also attempted the stock pagelist template:
(:pagelist name={*$FullName} fmt=#title:)

Both died silently.

However this worked:
(:pagelist name=Group/SpecificPage fmt=#person:)

Disabling the $SearchPattern fixes this behavior.

I wouldn't think the $SearchPattern restriction would prevent this GroupHeader pagelist template from being pulled into the top of a viewed (non-GroupHeader) page.  Shouldn't {*$FullName} be evaluated before the block on a pagelist/search result of "Group.GroupHeader"?

I can understand why the template wouldn't show up ON the GroupHeader page (that doesn't bother me).  But when I view Group/SpecificPage it should show the data in the pagelist template I've defined in GroupHeader.

Thanks! :)

Crisses