[pmwiki-users] problem with php 5.3

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Fri Feb 17 01:51:56 CST 2012

On Thursday 16 February 2012 10:36:08, Peter Gragert wrote :
> Just downloaded latest pmwiki, it is 2.2.36 and trying to use ... in latest
> XAMPP (to day downloaded and installed)
>
> So  what to do now?

I currently have PHP 5.3 (Version 5.3.5-1ubuntu7.2) and I have no problems of
your kind.

Which version, which operating system do you have?

Is your browser accepting cookies?

PHP needs to write "session" files somewhere on the server, I would first
check if that directory exists, if it is not full, and if the server has write
permissions to that directory.

All PmWiki files on the server need to be replaced with their new version from
the PmWiki archive.

Some users rename pmwiki.php to index.php and even after an upgrade they keep
using the old version. It is recommended that the index.php file "includes"
pmwiki.php, it is not recommended to rename or alter pmwiki.php or any other
core file.

Other than that, a newer version of PHP may actually introduce changes and may
require an adaptation in PmWiki. If that's the case, I'll work on it.

Petko