[pmwiki-users] Mail form without UTF8

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Fri Jan 6 13:42:29 CST 2012

On Friday 06 January 2012 20:29:40, Petko Yotov wrote :
> just fix the e-mail headers, so that your e-mail
> software knows that this is UTF-8 text and display it correctly. No need to
> modify the pmform.php script.
>
> Add to config.php such a line:
>
>   $PmFormMailHeaders = 'Content-type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8';

And to correctly encode the e-mail subject, you should also add :

  $EnablePmFormMailSubjectEncode = 1;

I'm thinking that these message headers should be enabled by default, but I
have 2 questions.

Are there any popular e-mail clients (software or webmail) which are unable to
correctly display a correctly encoded e-mail message?

Would a website administrator need to receive incompletely/incorrectly encoded
messages?

Petko