[pmwiki-users] Sudden strange behavior in pagelist

Peter Bowers pbowers at pobox.com
Thu Jan 26 03:32:59 CST 2012

On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 10:21 AM, Boblitz John
<John.Boblitz at bertschi.com> wrote:
> Unfortunatly, it is behind a corporate firewall.

It's actually the data pages themselves (the content of the pages that
you want listed in the pagelist rather than the content of the page
with the pagelist markup) that would be more important -- I want to
confirm that there is nothing on those pages that would disqualify
them from being included in the list...  But it's very difficult to do
that via email.  I would suggest zipping up your entire BWAPP group
and transferring it to another instance of pmwiki (preferably on
another server that is totally up-to-date with a plain-vanilla
configuration [no or almost no recipes installed]) and see if it works
there.  If it works there then you have ruled out the content of the
page as the source of error and you can focus completely on either
your version of pmwiki or your PHP configuration or other
configuration variables.  If it doesn't work on a plain-vanilla,
up-to-date pmwiki installation then you know to look more closely at
the content of that page.

Another possibility (an easier, quicker test) would be to create a new
page on your existing pmwiki installation that has *only* the pagelist
in question.  If that works then it points much more strongly to the
possibility of running into some type of memory limit or regex limit
or something...  Unfortunately if it doesn't work it doesn't tell you
much of anything since that pagelist by itself could still be causing
pmwiki to exceed a limit ...  But that's probably where I would start.

-Peter