[pmwiki-users] AuthUser problem

Lars Eighner surname at larseighner.com
Wed Jul 18 19:00:02 CDT 2012

On Thu, 19 Jul 2012, Brian Tibbels wrote:

> I am trying to get AuthUser to work on both an existing site and a new one
> but after having followed the instructions implicitly in
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/QuickStartForAuthUser I just get
> "Name/password not recognized" Does the username have to be on a separate
> line without any formatting? It currently has "->" before it.

The -> is put in front of the examples so they will NOT create users and
passwords (otherwise when you activate AuthUser anyone could enter an
example user and password). The -> also makes the examples indented.

To create real users and passwords, enter the username starting at the
beginning of a line (without a -> ).  Just like the examples, but no -> or
leading space.

--
Lars Eighner
http://www.larseighner.com/index.html