[pmwiki-users] figuring out table of contents location

Thu Jul 26 05:15:18 CDT 2012

On Sun, Jul 22, 2012 at 2:22 AM, John Rankin <john.rankin at affinity.co.nz> wrote:

>> Hi, all,
>>
>> I have been scratching my head about this, and can't quite figure it out.
>>

>> What I want is for the table of contents for the page to appear in the
>> side bar rather than in the wikitext area. The only one I could manage
>> to make do this is HandyToc, but it has the disadvantage (for me) of
>> requiring javascript.
>>
>> I tried using the remote toc facility of pagetoc, but it didn't work
>> as I'd hoped.
>
> Can you expand this a little? The use case is what (:toc-page:) was
> designed to do and from memory others have used it for this scenario. I
> haven't looked at the code for a while, so will need to refresh my memory.
>>

>> With that, Site.PageToc will contain whatever code is needed to
>> display the page's table of contents.
>>
>> With pagetoc.php, I tried putting (:toc-hide:) in the GroupHeader, and
>> (:toc-page {*$FullName} self=1:) in Site.PageToc. No love.
>
> So what happens, exactly?
>

> JR
> --
> John Rankin

Sorry, been caught up with other things (younger daughter's wedding... WHHEEEE)

In Site.GroupHeader, I have the following:

(:description {*$:Summary}:)(:toc-hide:)

In Site.PageToc, I have the following:

!!using toc-page:
(:toc-page {*$FullName} self=1:)

In the page being displayed, nothing is inserted at the toc-page point
(viewing page source):

<aside id="pagetoc">
<!--PageTocFmt-->
<h2>using toc-page:</h2>