[pmwiki-users] Password change help

Donald Z. Osborn dzosborn at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 19:57:16 CDT 2012

A couple of quick questions about passwords. It's been a while since I
have worked on this, and the help file hasn't really clarified what I
need to know:

1) Do passwords in the config file override anything attempted with attr?

2) If not, and one can set the site password from the wiki (and not by
going to the config file), then at what level would one do that?

a) Site/GroupAttributes?action=attr  ?? (but it says "(set by site)
****" next to the box for the new password)

b) Main/GroupAttributes?action=attr ?? (but it says "@lock" next to
the box for the new password)

The wiki was transferred to another domain in 2008, so I don't have
direct access to the config file. I do help with content. Problem is
that now some persistent spammer has taken advantage of the open
password (first time we've had that problem in 6 years). So the new
owners of the wiki are asking my help to change the password.

(WHile at it, will see about finally updating the version)

Thanks in advance for any help.

Don Osborn