[pmwiki-users] Changes to markup

Ryan Varick rvarick at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 12:40:47 CDT 2012

I've hacked PmWiki pretty extensively over the years (see my personal
website: ryanvarick.com). There are a few small markup changes I'd like to
make that I can't really figure out on my own:

1. Is there a way to add HTML5 attributes to form elements (
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/Forms)? I want to use things like
autocomplete and email/number input types to make data entry easier on
mobile devices.

2. Is there a way for tooltips to accept a space before the opening quote
(ie, [[PageName "Tooltip" | Link Name]]). It just doesn't feel right for
the quote to follow immediately after the page name with no space in
between.

3. Is there a way to override the arrow ("->") markup so that it produces
wiki, because, as the only author, I only ever intend to use it for quotes.
And, I quote things frequently enough that this is the simplest markup I
can appropriate for my uses. I don't like >>angle_bracket<< markup.

Thanks,
Ryan