[pmwiki-users] Help w/ links

Kathryn Andersen kat_lists at katspace.org
Tue Jun 12 19:10:02 CDT 2012

On Sat, Jun 09, 2012 at 08:35:11AM -0700, Anthony Rodriguez wrote:
> To display the existing “Culture” page, I changed the link in the “Culture” page to:
>
> [[Anthropology/Culture/Hispanic Americans]]
>
> and to:
>
> [[Anthropology.Culture/Hispanic Americans]]
>
> In both cases, the link disappears.

A link such as this can never ever work in PmWiki, because it is trying
to create a three-level hierarchy. PmWiki has a TWO-LEVEL hierarchy:
groups and pages. Groups contain pages; pages are inside groups. Groups
can never contain groups, they only contain pages.

Thus Main/Anthropology is the Anthropology page in the "Main" group.
Anthropology/Culture is the "Culture" page in the "Anthropology" group.
Culture/Hispanic Americans is the "Hispanic Americans" page in the
"Culture" group. There can never be a page called
"Anthropology/Culture/Hispanic Americans" because that's trying to
say the "Hispanic Americans" page inside the "Culture" group inside the
"Anthropology" group, which is impossible, because groups do not contain
groups, they only contain pages.

There are a few different recipes (such as Cluster) which attempt to
simulate a multi-level hierarchy in PmWiki, but plain PmWiki only ever
has two levels.

--
 _--_|\     | Kathryn Andersen	<http://www.katspace.org>