[pmwiki-users] Help w/ splitting image caption

Fri Jun 22 22:11:33 CDT 2012

On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 6:35 AM, Anthony Rodriguez <drtrod at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Browsing the Web, I found the following solution for forcing a line break :
>
> [[<<]]
> It appears to work! :-)
>
> Dr. T.
>
> Anthony (Dr. T.) Rodriguez, DBA
> DrTRod at yahoo.com

> Subject: Re: [pmwiki-users] Help w/ splitting image caption
> To: "Anthony Rodriguez" <drtrod at yahoo.com>
> Cc: "pmwiki-users at pmichaud.com" <pmwiki-users at pmichaud.com>
> Date: Thursday, June 21, 2012, 4:47 PM
>

> On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 6:44 PM, tamouse mailing lists
> <tamouse.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> > http://pmichaud.com/img/misc/pc.jpg"Paper clips" | [- %newwin%
> > [[Wikipedia:Paper_clips | Paper clips ]] are-](:nl:)[-''fun'' to work
> > with. -]
>
> Okay, it did wrap funnily. Here's a pastebin:
> http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=rDUPxEHB

Well... sorta -- but it's doing something else, in reality. [[<<]] is
doing a clearing break (HTML: <br clear=all>) which may or may not be
what you want. If you have anything float left or right next to the
image caption, it will cause the text following the break to start
after the bottom of the floated element.
The added advantage if it's all on one line of source, the formatting
works without breaking it in two like you have to with (:nl:). So, be
aware, [[<<]] may not always be what you want.