[pmwiki-users] Blank pages

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Sat Jun 30 06:05:19 CDT 2012

Christophe Pallier writes:
> I attach the source of a problematic page. That could help debug the problem.
>    Suddenly several pages of my website are blank (e.g.
>    Although the history of these pages can be viewed, if I edit any of them,
>    it will start again from a empty page.
>    Restoring does nothing. It is as if the page contained a code that
>    prevented it to display (???)
>
>    I am running the latest version of pmwiki. I have tried to remove all
>    cookbooks, but this does not solve the problem.

There have been similar reports in earlier versions, and the problem came
from the recent character recoding functions in PmWiki. It appears that some
PHP installations don't behave the way they are documented and expected, so
we need to find them, test them and change PmWiki to deal with them.

I have the feeling that this may again be the case, and it can be checked
easily. If you add the following line to config.php, do you still have blank
pages?

  $PageRecodeFunction = 'IsEnabled';

(This line will completely bypass the PageStore->recode function.)

If the blank pages appear repaired, then the problem is likely somewhere in
our recode function and I'll fix it or provide some switch or workaround. I
may need to test your installation in realtime.

Petko