[pmwiki-users] Pondering adding comment ability to wiki pages, and thoughts on spam prevention

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Sat Mar 10 01:41:29 CST 2012

> At any rate, I'd like to know if others have attempted to do something
> similar both with discussions and comments, and with spam prevention
> that does not use captcha or require logins.

I have used the honeypot technique plus a captcha (belt and braces). A
prompt that says "do not tick this box unless you are a robot spammer"
plus a checkbox field, both hidden from humans using css, strikes me as a
simple and elegant solution. The code rejects any submissions with the
field checked.

JR
--
John Rankin