[pmwiki-users] Change in

Steve G. wordz2u at gmail.com
Tue May 1 08:57:32 CDT 2012

Hello all,

I am noticing a change in performance of pmwiki in the following case, and
wonder if this is a bug or a feature.

Background: in the past, I created pages in one group then moved them
manually to another group (using the cp command in wiki.d). When I
performed this, the page disappeared from a listing of recent pages on the
original group, and appeared in search listing in the new group.

The code I use to display the pages in a group is (shown here for the group
Misc):

(:pagelist group=Misc -Template list=normal count=10 order=-ctime:)

Recently, I performed the same tasks mentioned above - I created a page
called http://www.words2u.net/pmwiki/?n=PointsofInterest.BocaDelDrago, then
went into wiki.d and ran mv PointsofInterest.BocaDelDrago Misc.BocaDelDrago

However, when I went to check the success of the process, I noticed the
following:

1. http://www.words2u.net/pmwiki/?n=Misc.HomePage does NOT list a page
called Misc.BocasDelDrago, even though the file exists as can be seen with
a search or by going directly to
http://www.words2u.net/pmwiki/?n=Misc.BocaDelDrago

2. http://www.words2u.net/pmwiki/?n=PointsofInterest.HomePage DOES list
such a page, in editing mode (i.e. seems to know the link to the page
existed).

So my questions are:

1. Bug or feature?

2. What can I do to rectify, and make the page appear where I want it
(Misc) and not where I initially created it(PointsOfInterest)?

3. How should I go on with the procedure of creating in one group and
moving to another?

The reason for the procedure is that I have different templates for
different content types. I use the groups for Costa Rica (say shops,
restaurants, hotels) in CR, and Misc for all kinds of content types for
other countries, so I prefer to continue this way.

Thanks,

Z.