[pmwiki-users] Solved: How do you creating one, wiki-wide, Upload Directory on Local Site, not remote site?

DaveG pmwiki at solidgone.com
Fri May 18 17:20:11 CDT 2012

On 5/18/2012 4:46 PM, Al Louis Ripskis wrote:
> Many thanks to Josh, Gilles, Tamouse and JDD for helping me resolve this conundrum.
> Since PmWiki architecture apparently doesn't permit to automate this process, here is how I'm dealing with it:
> I manually (via FileZilla) transfer all the files From the PmWiki-wide uploads directory to my local C:\public_html\UnTestedUploads directory, where I can use my AVG anti-virus program to check out and delete the infected files, then process the uninfected files as necessary.
> It would be nice to be able to do this automatically, but c'est la vie!
You could setup a batch job on your windows machine to periodically copy
your remote uploads directory to your PC. Setup your virus checker to
make sure it scans all new files, and auto-deletes/moves infected files.
Then the job can simply copy the remaining files back over to the remote
uploads directory, removing the existing files.

You could probably automate all this with a backup tool. I'm familiar
with SyncBack, and it seems to me that could be setup to perform the
copy/sync process, and the virus scanner will process all new files for
you. There are no doubt other ways of doing this.

  ~ ~ Dave